City of Seward, Alaska
Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 4:40 p.m.
The City Manager has called a Special Meeting on Friday, October 19, 2018 immediately following the adjournment of the work session for the City Council to approve a resolution for the Declaration of Emergency.
Residents of Seward and the surrounding area should avoid flooded areas and use caution around heavy equipment and machinery.
Impacted areas from heavy rain, winds, and flooding are:
- Lowell Creek Bridge & Waterfall – Closed to pedestrian traffic; limit vehicle traffic as crews from the Public Works Department work with local contractors to clear debris and remove gravel using heavy equipment and machinery.
- Dieckgraeff Road – Gravel portion of road closed to vehicle traffic; water over the road; borough crews are working with local contractors using heavy equipment and machinery.
- Mile 3.5 Seward Highway & Bikepath – Highway is open; use caution and limit speed; water over road.
- Mile 5 Seward Highway at Bear Creek Fire Station – Highway is open; use extreme caution and limit speed; deep water over road.
- Seward Airport – North runway is closed; deep standing water over most of the runway.
- Portions of the DIECKGRAEFF ROAD are closed.
- SEWARD AIRPORT is closed.
Traffic advisories issued for all Seward area roads.
Updates to follow.
Information will also be provided on the city’s website at: http://www.cityofseward.us/
Brenda Ballou, City Clerk