K-Pen represents and prevention is in our hands, and we're doing our part to stay six feet apart. Have you ever painted with Bob Ross or cut your own hair? Thanks to your suggestions, we've compiled 25 ways to take a break, learn a new skill.
1. 100 TV shows that will keep you streaming for weeks www.usatoday.com/story/tech/reviewedcom/2020/03/26/coronavirus-100-best-tv-shows-watch-while-quarantine/2907294001
2. Read! totally free ebooks through the Alaska Digital Library
Your local library may also have an online system too!
3. Listen to an audio book or podcast.
100 free audio books - www.openculture.com/freeaudiobooks
The best podcasts of 2020 (so far) -www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/the-best-podcasts-of-2020
4. Get some projects done at home - 23 ways to make your house look awesome for less than $50 - www.moneytalksnews.com/23-ways-make-your-house-look-awesome-for-50-less
5. Take a college course for free – online classes from world-class universities and companies -www.coursera.org
6. Learn a foreign language - www.duolingo.com
7. Chart your family history - www.genealogy.com
8. 52 tricks to teach your dog - www.doggiebuddy.com/topics/Trainingtopics/traintopic3.html
And 10 to teach your cat - www.iheartcats.com/10-fun-tricks-to-teach-your-cat
9. 30 wedding line dances you can learn now from home
10. Color with Crayola’s free coloring pages for kids and adults
11. Learn the joy of painting with Bob Ross on YouTube - www.youtube.com/channel/UCxcnsr1R5Ge_fbTu5ajt8DQ
12. Soak off your gel nail polish
... and do a home mani/pedi
13. Learn a card trick - www.bustle.com/articles/55300-9-easy-card-tricks-that-will-make-you-look-like-basically-a-wizard-video
14. Deep clean your house – tips from the pros at Molly Maid - www.mollymaid.com/cleaning-tips/schedules-charts-and-checklists/deep-cleaning-home-checklist
15. Reduce clutter and reduce stress – just five minutes per day - www.zenhabits.net/18-five-minute-decluttering-tips-to-start-conquering-your-mess
16. Take a virtual visit to a National Park
17. Create good feng shui in your home
18. Take a hike – but maintain your physical distancing...
19. - Work out at home! The best YouTube channels for getting in shape at home
20. Learn how to meditate - www.headspace.com/meditation/meditation-for-beginners
21. Trim your own bangs at home - www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya-QMMgQuoo
Or cut your hair with a Flowbee - www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vSsFM_96ds
22. Listen to a TED Talk - www.ted.com/talks
23. Take a virtual museum tour - www.historyextra.com/magazine/virtual-remote-museum-exhibition-tours-how-explore-history-from-home
24. Tour the world via drone at Drone City Tours on YouTube - www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgJ7b1NurjD1p1pvPWo7Fzr4rhq_RkPDE
25. Video chat with your friends and family at via Skype, Facetime, Google Hangouts or Marco Polo