This water taxi schedule does not apply when the road is open.
The Lowell Point Road is closed Tuesday May 31st through Thursday June 2, 2022 between 8:00AM and 5:00PM so more blasting work can be done. The free water taxi service and bus shuttle for Lowell Point residents and individuals who work in Lowell Point and Seward is available during the times the road is closed.
Please note that you must contact Aurora Charters to make reservations for the free water taxi service. Aurora Charters is the only operator that is providing this service to impacted residents. Those individuals who are scheduling nonessential travel to Lowell Point will need to pay for their transportation through a water taxi service provider. Visitor or tourism transport is not eligible for free service.
Aurora Charters: This schedule does not apply when the road is open.
Water Taxi Restrictions:
The following restrictions are in place for these services:
- A reservation is required in order to receive water taxi services
- There is often water on the landing deck to the beach, and proper foot wear is recommended
- There is a two bag limit per person. This includes groceries and supplies
- No pallets or other items are permitted that may damage the vessel
- No firearms are allowed on the vessel
- No fuel or propane is allowed on the vessel
- All passengers are required to adhere to crews’ directions, signage, and safety instructions
- Be at the water taxi pick up location no later than 15 minutes prior to the boarding time
- #1 Priority is given to residents who live in Lowell Point or work in Seward or Lowell Point. Visitor and tourist traffic is not eligible for free service.
- Those travelling to Lowell Point after June 1 should confirm water taxi availability prior to their travel date
- The shuttle for transport to vehicles in Seward is on a set schedule based on the existing water taxi schedule, special calls are not permitted.
The KPB OEM Call Center has been deactivated; however, staff are still answering the information number (907)224-4636(INFO) during business hours of Monday through Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.